Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 20, 2015 - When you get a little bit too into character...

I hope this email makes sense... #neverpassedthetypingtestinelementaryschool 

This week we had zone meeting. The Zone Leaders planned an awesome Iron Rod activity. Everyone was blind folded and was put onto a long rope (AKA the iron rod which symbolizes the word of God). They were told not to let go until one of the zone leaders told them they were done, and they had reached the tree of life (aka God's love and caramel apples). Previously, they called us and asked Sister Leleiciuao to be the great and spacious building aka temptations and evil influence. Our responsibility was to get people to let go of God's word. Long story short. we got into our role. There were only a couple of people who actually made it to the end of the iron rod, whether because we tricked them into letting go, they were confused, or they didn't pass the obstacles along the road. One of the people we tricked was our mission president, and he was pretty upset that he didn't make it. It was a fun activity, but in all honestly it felt so ugly to be the great and spacious building. Every time someone got to the end and accomplished their goal, everyone cheered and I wanted to as well. As we talked about the way we all felt, the way everyone else felt as they "fell off" or when they made it, we were all determined that true happiness came from accomplishing your goal.

I loved the reminder this activity gave us, of how important is to stay focused on God, and His word. President Lindsay and the others knew the voices they were hearing and believed our words, and that was what made them let go. But the most important thing, the thing that comes first, is our Saviors teachings. His voice is the only one we can trust. And that's why it is so important for us to come unto Christ, so that we can recognize His voice in our lives and be confident that He is leading us down the right path. Sister Lindsay cried as she shared with us her experience of making it all the way, and how absolutely sure she was that the path would lead to happiness. And it did. 

(Here is the link to the scripture story about the iron rod: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/1-ne/8?lang=eng )

This week was amazing. 
We taught an amazing sister from Egypt. She was so interested about the Book of Mormon, because many of the prophets' names are familiar to her. As we taught her for the first time, you could tell she wanted to come closer to Christ. She wanted to progress. Throughout her life she's been involved with several churches and has always had a strong rooted faith in Christ. We taught the restoration of the gospel and the Book of Mormon. Prayer and the Godhead. Prophets and the Sabbath day. We saw her almost every day this week. She joined us at Church yesterday and had an amazing evening at a members home as well. She expressed a desire to be baptized and to get involved with missionary work. We absolutely love this lady, and can't wait to see her experience the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, as found in the restored gospel. (:

On Friday we had the 'slow day' where we parked the car and rode our bikes. We had a couple existing appointments, and one of them was a 2 hour bike ride away. I HAVE NEVER FELT MY LEGS BURN THAT MUCH IN MY LIFE. I felt like I was back on the swim team. There were MANY uphills, but on the way back, we came down. (: We stopped at the Karaitiana's (members in the ward that we LOVE) on the way there for some snacks (tim tams and hot chips) and it boosted us for the last stretch. After the appointment, we started home. I didn't think I was going to make it but I was praying for strength. At the peak of exhaustion, I heard a noise... It was my tires. Both of them. Turns out that stick I ran over was actually a thorn bush. (: We had an hour to get home, two flat tires and at LEAST a 40 minute bike ride to go. The Elders weren't far, so they dropped off one of their bikes and we hit the pavement. Curfew is 9:30 and we were sure we couldn't make it, but we rode like the wind. A couple of shoes went flying but eventually we made it. We checked the clock when we got home, and it was 9:30 on the DOT!!! 

It was an exhausting day, full of miracles. We found 4 new people to teach, and taught some previously existing investigators. God was with us in the work. 

We have had a third companion with us, Sister Drew, since Wednesday. She has been an awesome addition to our little companionship and the ward is calling us the three nephites on bikes. hahaha. She's from Canada, and has only been out for 5 weeks but her teaching is powerful and she has brightened our week. (: I love my companions.



Unfortunately, I am getting transferred. I'm going to southern river zone/stake. Armadale. I am with another amazing sister who is Tongan. I don't know her well but I do know she is a hard worker and I am excited to grow from this experience. Incredibly sad to leave, though. I love this area and our investigators. The members are amazing. Going to miss it here. 

There is this amazing member, Taui, in the ward who plays the piano and organ like I've never heard. He is a prodigy of music, I swear, but is very humble about it. He asked me to sing I know that My Redeemer Lives in Sacrament meeting this week. As I sang it, I was reminded of home. When I sang it just before I left, and at Lindsey Woolf's farewell. When I sang the words, I was reminded of my testimony of the Jesus Christ. The part that stood out to me was when the words say: He Lives, My Savior, Still The Same. 
As I've learned about the Savior, studied his life, His Atoneing sacrifice, His Grace, His love, I've been amazed to learn who my Savior is. That He Lives, and as many times as I've sang the song, I finally understand that THAT specific line means that He has the same amount of love, and serves me the same now as he served the people when he was on the earth. As he was growing and ministering and as he visited the Nephites.

I am thankful for this knowledge and mostly for my testimony. His grace is Sufficient. He loves me still the same. Oh Sweet the Joy this Sentence Gives.

I know that my Redeemer Lives. 

I love you. Pray for me in my new area this week. 
Thank you for your support and love. I feel it every day. 

<3 Sister Falter

No comments:

Post a Comment