Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 7 - Easter Sunday and baptisms scheduled!

This week went by too quick. Almost like this emailing session. Sorry!! Not a ton happened because we had so many meetings and conferences but it was a spiritually enlightened week.

Leading up to Easter was so fun for us. We get to share the message of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and His beautiful gift of life to us with everyone. And we did! We stopped people on the street and shared the message with members as much as we could.

We had the opportunity to sing in church on Easter Sunday. O Lord, My Redeemer. It was a gorgeous song and the pianist is amazing. We sang from our hearts and the spirit was so strong. No surprises here, but I didn't get through the song without tears. It was fun, though.

We had the opportunity to see the General Woman's broadcast (a few minutes of it because of technical difficulties) and the parts we saw were beautiful. 
(Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?cid=HP_SU_4-5-2015_dPTH_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng)

It was all about families and it made me realize how much I adore and love my family, and also how we are all one big family, because we are all children of God. I'm thankful to be sealed to my mum and dad and all my brothers and sisters, and sealed to Heavenly Father. I am excited this week to watch General Conference and to sustain our Prophets and Apostles. (: It is an honor and a blessing to do so. We had a chance to take one the best member missionaries in the ward to see one of our investigators and share about prayer. It was so cool to see the members so excited about the work. They are awesome and we just love them.

We got a huge box from the Easter Bunny in America full of love and chocolate kisses. There are decorations and easter eggs all over our flat. (: I love the easter bunny! <33
(The Easter Bunny had a fun time putting together this package for Sister Falter and Sister Leleisiuao. Emmalee and Mum filled 60 plastic eggs with treats. As requested, the package was full of a fresh supply of YOLI, plus lots of chocolate kisses, 2 loaded Easter baskets, Nutella-to-go, white cheddar cheez-its, and some other fun treats.)

I got an email from my last companion, Sister Iosua-Fiu and guess who is getting baptized this week?!! NOAH AND JACOB! <3, the two boys we started teaching together. I am so excited to go down to Rockingham on Friday to see them and to watch them be baptized. I am so proud of them.

My joy is full this week. I am thankful for the pouring down rain and the beautiful clouds. I woke up this morning and thought I was in Washington. (: I am so thankful for my Savoir Jesus Christ, and His resurrection. It brings so much comfort into my life, and peace knowing that He has me taken care of. 


I read in Moroni 9 today: My son, be faithful in Christ.... may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever. And may the grace of God the Father, whose throne is high in the heavens, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who sitteth on the right hand of his power, until all things shall become subject unto him, be, and abide with you forever. Amen. (Verses 25-26: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/moro/9?lang=eng)


I love being a missionary. I love living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There's always joy in the journey, and I hope you see all the joys in yours this week. I'll be looking hard for mine. (:  
I am thankful for you all. <3 

Love,
Sister Falter

No comments:

Post a Comment