Monday, July 20, 2015

July 20, 2015 - It's a Kangaroo!

We were driving in Byford when all of a sudden my foot taps the brakes instinctively. "just a deer" I thought "wait a second, deers don't hop like that ITS A KANGAROO" 
My Companion and I FROZE THEN SCREAMED YAYYYY. 
I only saw their backsides but it was enough... it was enough. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to my Gorgeous Sister Emmalee, who I love with all my heart
and my equally beautiful Sister Melissa Kay whom I adore. I miss you two 
Celebrate HEAPS. 
It was so sad to say goodbye to a companion and friend that meant so much to me and taught me SO MUCH about becoming like Christ. Sister Leakehe was such an amazing missionary and so many people were touched by her service. I know she's become who she is by striving to be like Christ more, so that's what I want to do as well. 
This week was amazing. We taught heaps and found heaps of people to teach. We saw lots of miracles and got organized for the transfer. 
Sister Nansen is a good cook so I've been fed well. (: It's cold every night and morning but I'm getting used to it a bit more. Fuzzy socks and hoodies when we're in the flat is the only way I survive. 
This week I taught quite a few lessons, but one stands out. 
We taught a couple who were both baptized years ago, after they had been married, but in recent years, this brother lost his faith and now both he and his wife no longer come along to church. He claims to be atheist, although he never fully denies what he felt or knew at the time of his conversion. We were teaching about faith and repentance, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, something I have grown to love and appreciate so much. 
Often times, as missionaries, we are sent to teach people, but sometimes I think God, in His wisdom, sends people that we teach to us. That lesson was more for me, looking back, than for this man. It was amazing to share my personal witness of the Saviour Jesus Christ. Many times we share our testimonies to people who have similar feelings, and it allows for the spirit to testify to each of  us that WE KNOW it's true. But I didn't have that experience. His beliefs weren't there- which is usually when I draw back- but I felt so determined to make it known that I know that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world and the Son of God, so I did. A still, small voice in my head told me what to say, and I believed every word of it as I said it. Everyone felt it. 
I'd love to say he felt to his knees singing and praising God that instant, but he did not. Nor did it change his perspective of God, but it changed mine. I knew what I knew, and I left feeling so thankful for the spirit, and thankful for my own personal testimony. It is a gift!! 
Alma 37:44-46
For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land. And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise. O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.

I'm so thankful for the members. I love them a lot. Elder and Sister Cammock serve as missionaries here and they are helping us teach one of Elder Cammocks lifelong friends. Their testimonies are so strong and I am thankful to have the opportunity to work with such beautiful people. 
I miss home. I miss my family and friends. Miss Washington state and Summer. 
But I love the work!! I loveee being a missionary. 
I LOVE being Sister Falter. 
Time is flying by way too fast. 
I love you all. I pray for you, all the time. 
Seriously I do. 
Be safe and make good choices. 

Sister Falter

No comments:

Post a Comment