Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 19, 2015 - Sick in AU, Zone Conference...10th richest man in AU, and Tangled analogy!


DEAR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

This email will be fast and furious. I can't wait to tell you about my week!

This week I finally got sick. The AU germs got to me and I just about couldn't get out of bed on Tuesday. So we called Sister Lindsay and I was forced to stay in as much as possible. Which was good bcause the times I did go out for our appointments, I was so out of it.

I love meeting the members here. Just about everyone in the ward is a mixture of European, Filipino, Asian, New Zealander or Australian. There is just about no couple that's the same nationality so going to their homes and learning their stories is quite interesting. I LOVE it!!

Getting over my sore throat and fever took longer than 2 days but the show must go on, so Sister Iosua Fiu and I still sang our hearts out at Zone Conference.

Zone conference. That's when a bunch of the missionaried from all over ther area get together and have trainings and devotionals and learn from our leaders and each other. We get to hear people's testimonies and as a surprise at the end, we got to watch Meet the Mormons! I cried the whole time. Now they all know the true me.... Cry Baby!

The whole day really motivated me and my testimony grew so much. 
Elder Meurs from the area 70 was there to speak to us. He's an amazing example of how gospel principles, when applied, create pathways in your spiritual and temporal progression. 
He's the 10th richest man in Australia but acts like any one of us. He gives back so much to the community and is always sharing his testimony to others.

The whole time, he talked about the importance for all of us to understand who we are.
We are sons and daughters of God. We are Royal by birth. 
We have the capability to become like our Father in heaven. (Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matthew 5:48)
Once we know that, everything else falls into place. We can BECOME who God wants us to be because the distractions around us, the temptations and the trials no longer matter as much. 

It reminded me of my favourite Disney movie Tangled.
She was yearning to know who she was and where she came from, and was living far beneath her privileges. (like the Mormon message)
We all know she was a princess, and wanted her to make those steps out of the grasp of her "mother" who held her captive, but she didn't know what WE do. 
But she took a chance on herself, knowing something was out there for her. 

The closer she got, the more adversity she felt, but she held her ground. She believed in herself. Her magic hair and beauty were just little glimpse of all she could become, but she never fully understood her power until she remembered her past. Things all made sense and she believed she was the lost princess. She believed she was above the things that held her captive, and she acted. She defeated all her adversary,  she healed her handsome lover and she went to the castle, seeking her royal parents. Wanting to know the truth!
It was not until she was there, with her mother and father that she knew.

We probably will all have doubts about where we came from, but when we believe in our Heavenly Father, and in our divine heritage, miracles happen. 
I believe that can be the case for all of us! 

This week, none of our investigators came to church and many of them don't want us over, so this week we're really focusing our time and all our energy towards finding people who are seeking truth.

I am so grateful to be here. The heat doen't stop me... but I will admit it slows me down a little bit! 

The people are wonderful. 
I met this dotera lady and she was so funny and I was honestly so excited!!

I love you all! My time is up! xoxo


Sister Falter

No comments:

Post a Comment