Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 27, 2015 - Drum Roll Please! We aren't transferring! Australia Day on the beach.


Family and Friends, 

I'm not getting transferred... And neither is Sister Iosua-Fiu. 
It is an answered prayer, too because Sunday night I felt sick and finally made my companion call the zone leaders and beg for the news. They love us so they lied to us and told me I was going down south, but then they told us the truth and I slept well! (:

Per mother's request, I am writing my family email BEFORE I reply to all the other emails...
Mothers know best (and the Tangled references continue)...

This week has been crazy. We didn't have P-Day yesterday because it was Australia Day, so we were out most of the day. In the morning we had a big Aussie breakfast at the beach with the ward. The beach is gorgeous and the food was so good. Except bacon in AU is not bacon... It's like individually sliced pieces of ham, grilled or cooked. I love it, but it's just not bacon... Anyways other than the breakfast, I saw rugby played for the first time ever. Everyone in the ward was out there -  it was so fun to watch.

We got to teach a pretty special lesson this week with the stake relief society president's niece who is 17 and staying with her from NZ. We took her to Young women's class on Sunday, and that evening they had us over for dinner. Sister Hitta, her auntie has been a member since she was 10, but went inactive for most of her life. She is an amazing lady and I loved being in her home. Her two boys are so funny, and after the lesson we had dinner with them, so we were able to stay and play games with the boys. The boys are 11 and 12 and both remind me of Adam. Picture two Adams together as brothers, and that was who I was hanging around. Man, it was fun!

We taught the Restoration with the whole family there, and watched the video that goes along with it. (See blog post with video attached, if you want to see the video.) After the movie was over we asked Sister Hitta to give her testimony. She told us that the video we watched was the video played her first week back at church after over 15 years of inactivity and bore a very strong testimony of Joseph Smith and the Restoration. Everyone was in tears, including her niece and the boys as she spoke. Hearing other people bear testimony always strengthens mine. It was a beautiful lesson. We asked the whole family to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. I can't wait to hear there experiences in the coming week.

There is a less active member that LOVES us visiting all the time who is in his 50's. He always tells us "you might get me to church once or twice but I'm not shaving my beard" (He looks like grandpa B before he shaved). We love this man. He lives alone with two birds who have free reign of the house, and always brings them out to show us.

We popped by for a few minutes to invite him to the Australia Day activity and he was excited to be invited but didn't make any promises. He noticed my CTR ring and asked what it was. I had a few extras in my purse, so I gave him one. We talked about the blessings that come from Choosing The Right and he LOVED his gift. He didn't come to the activity on Monday, but I have faith in him and am so excited to bring a member with us to teach him next week!

I'm starting to really fall in love with the people in Australia. 
I love the scripture in 2 Nephi 26:33
".... for [the Lord] doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile."

He loves all of his children, regardless of their circumstances and what they look like. I'm starting to feel the same way. I meet so many people. They're all SOOO different from one another, and from who I'm used to hanging around but I know that God loves them, and wants them home. And the more I learn about them, the more I feel that same kind of love and want the best for them, which is why I am here - to teach and talk of Christ.

Everything we do is through Jesus Christ, he is our Saviour and our Friend. He is the reason I am happy through trials and the reason I am here on my mission. Without him, we are nothing.

I know that to be true!!!

Thank you all for your support and letters. I love you all and pray for you every night.
Have a good week!!

xoxo
Sister Brooklyn Kay Falter
Australia Perth Mission
PO Box 185
Tuart Hill WA  6939
Australia

Awesome 3 minute video.  -  
Joshua 24:15 Choose you this day...

No comments:

Post a Comment