Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 25, 2015 - G'day Loves! (The roaches are going to die!)

THE EXTERMINATOR CAME AND WE WILL HAVE OUR KITCHEN BACK THIS WEEK! YAYYY! The man said it was a pretty bad infestation but the cockroaches are dying as we speak! YAY! 
 
My memory is horrible and I honestly cant remember what happened last week, but I'll do my best... haha 

Mya and Melissa Lee at church this week, and they are SO excited for their baptism.  So is the ward!! This week we were able to teach them three times and have a Family Home Evening for Melissa's Kids, Mya and Ashley, with some awesome members of the ward.  It's been absolutely amazing. They have been reading the scriptures together and watching Mormon messages. We taught all the commandments this week! Melissa gave up coffee the night we taught Word of Wisdom, and has been drinking heaps of milo instead (: Their prayers are so beautiful, and so humble. They truly understand the relationship they have with God and already see the joy that comes from membership in the church. They are just glowing. And so are we. (: It's been an amazing journey with these two. They are so prepared, and we are so grateful for the elders for finding them! 

We had a lot of extra time on our hands, since appointments fell through (it's flu season), so we have been knocking on doors, talking with everyone. It's definitely work, but it's fun work and we have met some awesome people with amazing stories.  I love hearing people's stories. Everyone is so unique and so different. Even the rude ones make us smile. It's so fun to communicate with people. One man showed us around his garden- he has banana trees, orange trees, mandarin trees, guava fruit trees, and heaps more. We had some guava's and oranges that were just delish! (: Such nice people here in Perth! 

We're lucky we got our shots last week at zone conference (flu shots HURT) because EVERYONE is sick these days. Except the missionaries. (:

We got to study in the morning with the sisters in Murdoch this week. Sister Allen and Sister Leakehe are amazing and so gorgeous. I just LOVE them! They taught me so much the atonement, and how to apply it to missionary work. Those sisters are so humble. They work tirelessly and are constantly improving, or striving to be more obedient and effective. They are very honest with us, and ask us for help, even though I have less experience than either of them on a mission. (: They motivate us in our own area because we hear their miracles, and see how many lives they are blessing and want to be just like them - serving and helping everyone!! 

I am so thankful for prayer this week! I have seen both immediate answers, and some that take a while longer, but seeing my prayers being answered gives me hope and so much gratitude. I don't think I've ever felt so much gratitude in my whole life as I did this week. I have just been blessed with so much!! Both in my missionary efforts, at home with my family, and personally. 
 
One story I loved reading about this week in the Book of Mormon was in Alma chapter 31. Alma is a missionary goes with some friends and family, to a wicked people to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ. When he and his fellow missionaries arrive, they see wickedness all around them. They see the cherished doctrines of the gospel distorted and twisted, and the hearts of the people were selfish and cruel. His first response was to pray. He cried to the Lord, and told him how hard it was to see so much wickedness among the people, and how much he cared for this people, even though he did not know them personally. He recognized that they were his brothers. He truly loved these people, and wanted them to receive the same blessings he had from Christ. He prayed for each individual missionary that came with him, that they would bear their trials and that they would allow the spirit to direct them on how to help these people. Then they left one another, and began to preach the gospel. 

 "And after that they did separate themselves one from another, taking‍ no thought for themselves what they should eat, or what they should drink, or what they should put on. And the Lord provided for them that they should hunger not, neither should they thirst; yea, and he also gave them strength, that they should suffer no manner of afflictionssave it were swallowed up in the joy of Christ. Now this was according to the prayer of Alma; and this because he prayed in faith."

I love you. I pray for you. I know you do the same for me, and I appreciate it with all my <3. 

Thanks for your letters and emails and love this week! It has been a blessing.
 
Love, Sister Falter

No comments:

Post a Comment