Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015 - Pictures! More Pictures! And Mosiah 2.

This was my district before transfers. The only change is our district leader (far right) Elder Tramacchi. He will be missed. Gave the best District Meetings. 
We LOVE taking corny district photos. lolol


This week I have been studying

Gratitude 
True Happiness
Promised Blessings of Keeping the Commandments 

It's all related. 
When we keep His commandments, we are blessed. When we recognize those blessings and are grateful for them, our attitude towards the commandments change and it becomes easier and more desirable to live them. We receive more blessings, and become more grateful, and that is true happiness. Our trials are tailor made for us, and only our Heavenly Father and Christ can truly understand, but the Commandments enable us to stay on the path, despite of opposition To be confident in the direction we are headed, despite the clouded view, and with a perfect brightness of hope, accomplishing our righteous goals and receive Eternal Life. 

We all receive blessings from living righteously, but recognizing them for what they are, and having faith in The Lord's hand in our lives proves difficult if we do not open our hearts to the spirit. 

Mosiah 2 is when King Benjamin speaks to the people. It's a beautiful chapter and I've learned a lot from it this week. But I love this part: "I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

If we aren't finding the blessings of living the gospel, it's not because we aren't receiving them, but our heart is not in a position to recognize them. This happened to me this week, but as I counselled with my Heavenly Father, I realized honestly how much I'm blessed with and I haven't been this happy in months. Prayer Works. Notice the Blessings.


We got to go to the city this week for my chiropractor apt (surprise mom I went to the chiropractor but all is well) and we had a leadership meeting in the morning. In order to make everything work and not drive back and forth, we left the flat at 545am and got there early. Across the street from the chiro is Kings Park, the most famous park in Perth. So we went and took pictures. We got to the mission home early to make sure our hair and makeup looked decent before our meeting started and sister Fife fed us :D



Our bikes broke, so we took them to our investigators house that night and he fixed the tire. the next morning we got on them again and OOPS it broke again. Flat tire. So we went BACK to his house, and he ACTUALLY fixed it. In the mean time we were taking selfies next to his garage. :D #skyblue 
Sister Nansen is an amazing companion. She teaches me SO SO MUCH every day and is so much fun. She laughs at my horrible driving all the time and we love morning exercise together :D :D haha good times


This is me in the morning next to our amazing view of the sunrise 
THIS IS WHY I LOVE BYFORD!!! We wake up to this almost every morning but this one was especially colourful so I had to take a picture of it.


Her skirt got caught in the bike...... lolol luckily she had another one under it.... 
Right after I found out my tire was flat. 
NICE NOT EVEN OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY. 
but we met some cool people on foot so all goods!


SERVICE!!! Is my favourite. We get to help sister penton in her amazing garden sometimes and it's the best

 

KEEP BEING AMAZING!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. 
Love you all!! Miss you so much. :D :D :D Love seeing all the good things happening and how much different everyone is / looks. 

Sister Brooklyn Falter

No comments:

Post a Comment