Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015 - TRANSFERS - lots of exclamation points and ALL CAPS. :)

I AM GETTING TRANSFERRED. It's actually too good to be true. EVERYTHING I wanted. I'm getting doubled in (YAY)I'm going BACK to doubleview ward in the city (YAYYY)to baptize HEAPS of people there. 
(Note: Sister Falter has been in Byford for 7.5 months!)

And I'm with SISTER BISOGNO, MY FAVORITE PERSON EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! We both kinda hinted to president ages a go but he rebuked us and told us to go read PRAYER in the bible dictionary but then OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED!!!
Literally. I was SCREAMING when I found out. I'm still a Sister Training Leader (STL) but with the fresh area, it'll be good. 

Going to miss it here. so so much but it'll be good for me. I LOVE THE MEMBERS here. They feel like family. (Probs because they are- all of us are sons and daughters of Heavenly Father...- but still). Heaps of letters and thank you cards to write these amazing people who made such an impact on my life. 

Mostly I'm going to miss my companion. Literally been crying and screaming and laughing nonstop since we got the call. Barely slept last night, both of us. I've just learned so much from sister Nansen. She is my best friend over these ways and it's been amazing to experience growth together and individually. We have experienced so much craziness and challenges and honestly she's been the biggest blessing through it all. If her name wasn't Samoan Aussie I'd name my firstborn after her. I love her. That's all. 

On to the important stuff. There was a crazy lightning and thunderstorm here. CRAZY. It' was amazing. So here we were, taking videos in our car on our street when we saw some members come out of their house. So we went over to talk to them, and they said it was safe to come out of the car. SO we parked the car and watched the lights with them until it started getting a bit close. They invited us it (it was lateish and they were in their night clothes) and told us about the terrorist attacks in Paris that morning. Sitting in their comfortable home hearing the news with the lightening and thunder and rain surrounding us felt surreal. I felt so far away. I considered all the events and felt so hopeless and scared. I knew I could find comfort in the Book of  Mormon so as I sat and pondered the scriptures one of my favorite scriptures in Moroni 9 came into my mind. Mormon to his son Moroni, in a letter, wrote about evil and wicked people. HE wrote about all the scary and horrible things that were happening to innocent people. Thing's he could not control. Moroni felt like I did. Then, His father says:


25 My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.
 26 And may the grace of God the Father, whose throne is high in the heavens, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who sitteth on the right hand of his power, until all things shall become subject unto him, be, and abide with you forever. Amen.
The Book of Mormon is written for our day. We can find comfort and counsel in it's words. As I shared this passage the spirit of Hope filled the room and I wasn't afraid. Okay, maybe a bit afraid of the lightning, even that passed. 

I fasted on Sunday for the people in Paris, for transfers and Yanni's Patriarchal blessing. It felt so good to fast by myself, for myself, and mostly to just express my gratitude. 

On Saturday we were on bikes (because we had no reason to use the car) and it was 39.4 C. IT WAS SO HOT I HAVE NEVER SWEAT SO MUCH IN MY LIFE but I didn't even care and we were just talking to everyone. 

I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK.
We had some cool experiences and miracles this week as well, but I'll save that for a later time. 

LOVE YOU ALL. been singing christmas songs all week. decorated a memebers christmas tree yesterdayI LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR. 

Enjoy the ugly swearers, boots, wool socks, gmas cookies, snow, leaves, or even chill breeeze.

Enjoy it for the both of us. xxxxxx LOVES!
Sister Falter

No comments:

Post a Comment