Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015 - "This week we were KISSin."

I love the church. Because the Prophets and Apostles help us understand and maintain and clarify the law of the Lord. The Lord has always helped us understand his doctrine, never left us questioning and apostatizing, when we are willing to receive His light and knowledge. That's pretty cool, I think.

WHO'S ON THE LORD'S SIDE, WHOOO?

I was reading over the conference talks that mum sent, especially the General Priesthood Session. I loved the talk on FAITH from Dieter F. Uchtdorf. I actually was lolling when I read it because he is so bold and I could hear his voice in my head as I read the words. If you haven't read it, I'd suggest picking it up.

IT'S SO EASY to be skeptical, to be cynical, but the way of The Lord is a journey that requires faith, and hope. Desire and LOVE.

I agree with what him and all the other Apostles and Prophets have said. I am thankful to live in a world of continued revelation. <3

This week we were KISSin.
don't worry everyone, it stands for: Keep It Simple Silly.

Well the week started with one of my rare but famous mental breakdowns. that was fun. but then we had to do some organizing and a bit of praying and it ended up being a revelatory experience for my companion (shes so patient) and I. YAY...

   THE REST OF THE WEEK WAS A BREEZE.

I love the Lord because he is SOOO patient with our faults but the spirit helps us be happy and hopeful. Helps us recognize positive growth and the potential of others. :D We taught so many people this week and our beautiful family came to church. YAYAYAY. We saw some awesome members and I just felt like a missionary. We testified everywhere we went and I just felt so good. Missionary work is so natural when you're happy and when you have awesome experiences living the gospel daily.

Mum was teaching me about gratitude this week. I think it's true, the more you think about your life and blessings, the more you're filled with the spirit, the more enlightenment and light you receive and the happier you are. It helps you to be positive, it helps to increase your hope and faith. The week wasn't perfect, but it felt so good because of our attitude, and because of our attitude, we saw more success. I'm thankful for you. I'm thankful for the experiences I've had before my mission and for all the memories I have. I'm thankful for my testimony and my knowledge of my saviour. I'm thankful I chose to serve, and the more I give, the more I receive back from Him. His promises are ALWAYS fulfilled!!!!

Another highlight of my week was getting an email from Bryden. Someone give him a hug for me please. Packages from Grandma and Yanni consisting of lollies and Halloween socks and all sorts. (: Letters from Barbi and Mum!

I BELIEVE IN CHRIST. (:
THE BOOK OF MORMON makes me happy.
PROPHETS lead us safely.
FAITH provides CLARITY.
I am a DAUGHTER of GOD.

Love, Sister Falter
aka brownie earthquake
aka mini pancakes
aka runt of the family

ps. I'm going to make yous some mean feeds when I get home.... #islandcompanions

Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Only $13 for a box but oh, so worth it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment