Sunday, November 22, 2015

November 23, 2015 - Dum-Dum-da-dummmmm *I can hear the bells*

Melissa is getting married. Can you believe that?! 
AHHHHHH I CANT ITS ALL A DREAM (literally). 
Every one of you, give her big hugs for me I can not believe I'm not there to catch the bouquet and hold her dress when she has to pee. 
honestly so happy for my best friend in the whole wide world. <3 


YOU CANT JUST RETIRE SALLY WITHOUT A CAR(e) IN THE WORLD. 
RIP Sally. you were a great car. Thanks for always taking me places and jammin on roadtrips. xxx


Mom sent me a quote I LOVE. Doesn't apply to me rn because life seems too good to be true but I feel the truth of what is said and have experienced this before.

 "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more (see Prov. 3:11–12). He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain."

 In companionship study this morning we were talking about this. It's how we respond to opposition that shows how true our repentance is, and how sincere our heart is. We may feel weak, but we are strong, because it is our actions that determine our true discipleship, because it requires faith, and strengthens our determination to hope to receive the blessings. 



How is the city?
GORGEOUS ITS SO GOOD TO BE BACK. Sunsets by the beach. Long walks on the........... cemented pathway 100 feet from the sand.... CITY LIGHTS just coming on right when it's time to go back to the flat (; hahaha 
HONESTLY I love it here. The people are different. the feeling is different. Everything still closes at 5 on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays but it feels more like home. I love everywhere I go for different reasons. But happy I get to experience this area for longer. 



How is my comp?
Amazing. Sister Bisogno. 
Mum is half New Zealand, half Irish.
Dad is half Italian half Portuguese.
Born in south Africa, grew up in NZ.
She's a year older, and has been out a transfer shorter. 
we think alike, and it's awesome. :D :D Love her. 
idk what president was thinking putting us together. 
too much fun (: 



How is the area/ward?
So good. Most of the Americans have moved back home since last I was here but my favourite families are still AMAZINGGGG as always. 



Do I get to have thanksgiving this week?
thanksgiving? yes, 

dinner? no. lets not talk about it though



What do I want for Christmas?
your testimonies (; SEND THEM hehehe
also I would LOVE if you sent a little note to my previous companion pumping her up for her last transfer (Sapi Nansen) and something for SIster Bisogno. That's all thank you fam <3
     


Obedience and Diligence brings blessings, especially when you  get thrown into a new situation with NO map book, NO investigators, and NO idea what you're doing. 
It's my first time being a senior companion, everyone. Pray for me. 
But I have felt the spirit SO STRONGLY this week. Mostly because I'm letting HIM 
"lead me guide me walk beside me [and] help me find the way". 

My district leader is Elder Morris from Utah and his comp is Elder Roldan from the Philippines. 
:D

Love you all. 
I was showing sis B all my photos and just crying bc I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment