Sunday, March 1, 2015

Feb. 22, 2015 - Mosquito Bites

I had 6 of them on my legs. SIX mosquito bites. 
I survived but Wednesday was not fun.
(actually it was the best day of the week but you get my point)

To all my loved ones, 

I miss you all, how are you. Thank you for your letters this week. I've said it before but everyone is jealous of me because all the mail comes to 9/21 Edwards St. (; 
My zone leader told me that you'd all forget about me come June. HAHA 
But really, thank you. I love hearing how the gospel is blessing each of your lives, the amazing examples you are, and what everyone is up to.

Guess what?N and J (the boys getting baptized in March, 9 & 11 years old) came to church this week with there Mum who hasn't been in 10 years!!! It was fantastic. We barely even saw them the whole time because the members just completely took over the minute they arrived. Sister F the relief society president got her all squared away (: We were planning on 5 coming to church (praying for 5 to come to church). But all does not go according to plan. (: We're so excited for the boys! 
This week I went on exchanges with sweet Sister F. She's amazing. I absolutely love her, and the way she does missionary work in her area. She is from Southern California and is absolutely gorgeous. She's been out for 6 months and has only been in that area for 3 weeks. She was so bold and loving to her investigators, even the ones she only met once before. You can tell she cares about them and want's the best for everyone. One goal I had, going into exchanges, was to learn how to "talk with everyone" about the gospel of Jesus Christ. One thing my brother Luke taught me before my mission was to testify of Christ to everyone you meet, because He is central to our message. That's one of her strengths and I knew I could learn lots from her. And I did. It didn't work with EVERYONE, but most of the people we talked to we were able to share simple, short truths about the restored gospel, that families can be together forever. It was such a great experience, and people seemed more receptive than usual. I was nervous to be out of my area for the first time, but I grew so much and have tried to incorporate all I learned into our area.

This week has been so crazy. We taught the most lessons I've ever taught and have been able to find LOTS of new people to teach. It's amazing the success that comes after long periods of hard  work. The blessings are always around the corner. I don't even know how or when it all happened, but it's been an amazing feeling. 

The training we got on Tuesday at District Meeting was perfect. (that was probably part of it). One of the assistants to the president was there on exchanges, and gave a brief training. It really touched me. The assistants have always helped me. It's like they know exactly what to say. You can tell the spirit is with them when they teach and that they love all the missionaries sincerely, and can relate to exactly what we are going through. They are put into that leadership position because of the kind of people they are. I've received lots of help and comfort from them, specifically from their  portions at missionary leadership councils, zone conferences and other trainings. They are amazing Elders, and were blessed them. Elder M talked about setting baptismal dates, and that has been my focus. Even when appointments fall through or things happen where we can't extend the invitation, the whole focus of the week changed and our purpose (inviting others to come unto Christ) was established with each person. We're more focused, I guess you could say.

This has been the hardest and best week so far. During, it seemed like the hardest. Looking back it seems like the best. (: 

On the hardest moments, my favourite thing to do now is to turn to the scriptures. This week I had an experience with a sweet sister who ha not come to church in quite some time. She has had one of the worst years of her life, and has needed help. Sad and lonely. Feelings we always feel. I was able to share a scripture with her from St John 16:32-33 

"Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet am not alonebecause the Father is with me. These things have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peaceIn the world ye shall have tribulationbut be of good cheerhave overcome the world"

It was not at all what we had planned to teach and testify of, but it was something that I felt prompted to share. She immediately started crying and the lesson changed from closed off and private to open and humble. We taught her the importance of CPR, to revive our spirits.
Church Pray Read.

I hope she'll come back someday. She knows it's right, she's just hesitant. 

It's amazing how many people don't believe God loves them, or that Jesus Christ knows them. It's amazing to me how many people hope to be rescued from sadness and lonely feelings, hurt and guilt, but don't know where to turn for relief.

Today in Companionship study, Sister Iosua-Fiu and I sang

Where Can I Turn For Peace?

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?

He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.


I love you all. The church is true. 
I know it, I live it, I love it!!

XOXO Sister Falter


No comments:

Post a Comment