Sunday, March 15, 2015

March 16, 2015 - My new companion sleep talks...


This. Week. Has. Been. So. Good.

Sister Leleisiuao is amazing. She is always saying something or doing something to make me laugh. First thing in the morning she's up and talking like it's not 6:30, and continues until the lights are out and I'm already just about gone for the night... hahah. She has the most amazing faith and diligence. We're always moving, always talking with someone. It's only been a few days, and I feel like we've talked to everyone on our street. (that's an exaggeration... we have a VERY long street). I just love her and her dedication to work hard and make things happen. She is one of the most loved and respected sisters in the mission, and I can see why. I am thankful to work with (try to keep up with) her this transfer. 

This week we had a miracle. It was our first day in the area, and we got to the flat late. In the city, it's very different from my last area. Everyone's out doing things, and the streets are always filled with people walking, running, biking, scootering... you name it. Before we went to the shops to get food (we had salt and pepper in the cupboards... that's it!), we went out on our street and started contacting people. We walked up and down the street talking to people. Lot's of super nice people. We heard many stories about how everyone came to Australia and what they grew up believing in. We got to share our testimonies with many people, but none of them wanted to learn more. We were about to go back when I saw a man walking behind us. He was quite a ways back when we decided we needed to talk to him, so we looked around and saw a sign, and became very intrigued with it for a few seconds before the man was close enough to call out to. We started asking where he was from, and found out that he had only been in Australia a short time. After a few minutes, we found out that he has been searching YouTube and internet sources for years, trying to find out where we go after we die. We were so excited to share with him about the Plan of Salvation, and he agreed to let us come over and share more the next day. 

The next day rolls around and we didn't know anyone in our ward who would come with us to the lesson, so we asked the elders to teach it for us (there has to be a woman present when we teach a single male). The elders called us with the exciting news that our friend want's to be baptized and is excited to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true!!! 

I'm so glad we met him. His questions are being answered and we have had the opportunity to share what we know to be true all in one. (: What a blessing! 


I had the opportunity to sing on Sunday Evening at a youth fireside in Dianella (the city). Savior, Redeemer of my Soul, with Elder Aiono. It's a beautiful song and he's one of the best singers on the mission. It was so fun! I'm thankful for all the opportunities I have to sing here. (:





As a mission, last transfer we read Preach my Gospel, and these next few months, we are reading the book of Mormon. I'm only a couple of chapters in, but I already have come to understand the importance of studying my scriptures every day. I've never loved reading the book of Mormon more than I did this morning, and my love and testimony of it seems to grow every single day. There is so much to learn from the prophets, and from Joseph Smith's testimony when you read with the spirit and ponder the messages. 

There is so much for me to work on, but my companion is so encouraging. (: 
We laugh at the awkward moments we have together. SPEAKING OF...

We were talking to this man yesterday. He was telling us all about his life and where he came from (some far away country I've never heard of). He had a strong accent, and we soon transitioned into telling him about who we are and what we do. As soon as we said the word "Jesus Christ", he told us that he couldn't understand English. "no understand, no understand". We were obviously very confused because we had just had a nice conversation with him seconds before. I went to pull out a picture of Christ to help him understand, and he regained his ability to speak English just long enough to tell us he was absolutely not interested. HAHA. People these days, forgetting how to speak English..... 
It was funny, but we hope next time he is more interested! 

The city of Perth is gorgeous. 
The people are too. 
I love going to church each Sunday, and worshiping my Heavenly Father,
showing my gratitude for Jesus Christ's sacrifice for us, 
and continuing to show that appreciation and respect throughout the week
by sharing the Glad Message of His Life and Teachings
with Everyone.

I know he puts people and things into our lives for a reason, and I pray
the people we teach, and the people you share your testimonies with every day
will be open minded to hearing what we know to be true. 

I know the church is true! (: 
I love you all! 

xoxo Sister Falter

PS it rained here this week. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment